This article was posted on lds.org and it gives lots of practical ideas for families to make their Sabbath a delight. I have copied out the main points of the article for reference.
Five Ways to Celebrate the Sabbath as a Family
by E. Jeffrey Hill (Professor of Marriage, Family, and Human Life at BYU)
“As individual members of the Church of Jesus Christ, it’s easy to generate a list of things we can do to keep the Sabbath day holy. It takes more creativity to think of what a family with children of different ages can do to make Sunday a special, spiritual day. Most families try and fail and try again. It’s hard. But those families that stick with it until they find their own ways to successfully celebrate the Sabbath will reap blessings of stronger family relationships, kinder communication, spiritual depth, and more family fun.”
Worship together as a family
• Get to bed early on Saturday night.
• Pray and read together.
• Give priesthood blessings.
• Fast as a family.
• Proclaim the gospel.
• Redeem the dead.
• Don’t take a vacation from the Sabbath.
Make the Sabbath different
• Sunday should look different.
• Sunday should sound different.
• Sunday should feel different.
• Sunday may not be the best day for children to play with friends.
• Sunday should taste different.
Build Family Relationships
• Celebrate marriage
• Create a shared family history
• Read and walk together
• Keep in touch
Plan for Family Happiness
• Set couple and family goals
• Hold family councils
• Perform family service
I thought these images found in the article were helpful in illustrating how the Sabbath should be different from any other day.