Share the following quotes from President Thomas S. Monson, “Blessings of the Temple”. April 2015 General Conference.
“As we attend the temple, there can come to us a dimension of spirituality and a feeling of peace.”
“As we go to the temple, as we remember the covenants we make there, we will be better able to overcome those temptations and to bear our trials. In the temple we can find peace.”
Scripture of the Week
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).
Discussion (inspired by this message in The Friend magazine)
President Monson announced the building of 3 new temples. Where are they located? Find them on a map (a helpful online map is available here).
Temple Math: 144 now open +13 being built+13 being designed+5 being renovated+3 new ones just announced=how many total temples?
Which temple is closest to you?
Which temples have we visited as a family (or have special meaning to our family)?
- Mom visited the Cardston, Alberta temple as a youth.
- Dad visited the Mesa, Arizona temple as a youth.
- We were sealed in the Salt Lake City temple.
- We attended the Provo, Utah temple while going to school at BYU.
- As a family we visited the Atlanta, Georgia temple open house in 2011.
- Dad, Mom, and Anwyn viewed the Fort Lauderdale temple dedication in 2014.
- Our closest temple is currently the Orlando, Florida temple.
How can you prepare to go to the temple after you turn 12?
Another Important Quote
“Now my young friends… always have the temple in your sights. Do nothing which will keep you from entering its doors and partaking of the sacred and eternal blessings there.” (Thomas S. Monson,”The Holy Temple”. April 2011 General Conference.)