January is traditionally a month of reflections and beginnings. This year I am especially thinking about my health, and the health of my family. Here are some of the areas that I am working on.
- Participate in a 5K run: I have been running semi-regularly for the last eight months, but usually only 1-2 miles. Another ward in our stake is hosting a Family Fun Run in February, and I am preparing to be a part of it.
- Strength training:I have been pinning various strength training ideas for awhile, but haven’t done much more than pin them. Last week I saw a 30 day plank challenge and decided to take the plunge. I am on day 4!
- More fruits and veggies! I am taking some baby steps for healthier eating for our family. Last year I added spinach and bell peppers to our regular diet–very exciting. I have two extremely picky eaters–my current goal is to get them to at least take a bite of the vegetables at dinner.
- I decided to learn a little more about healthy eating and hopefully get some tips by signing up for this Just Cook online course from Stanford Medical School (Thanks for the notice, Amy!) I just started this week (one week late) but it is easy to catch up and you can still sign up if you are interested in this topic. The information is presented in an interesting way, and the health of our children is definitely a topic I am concerned about. Today I made “egg in a hole/toad in a hole” after watching the tutorial, and it was a winner with 2 of my children.
Bring in the Specialists
- I have been bothered by allergies since we moved to Florida, but lately it has become quite bothersome and out of control. So I made an appointment with an allergist. It’s time to figure this issue out!
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)